With the aim of creating a do-it-all trail hardtail, the 2019 Slade replaces Silverback’s previous Sphere & Slade models with a brand new geometry concept, translated into a brand-spanking-new frame design.
The 2019 Slade boasts innovative top entry internal cable routing for the rear brake and rear derailleur and side entry for dropper post. It also uses Silverback’s new POP (Position of Power) Geometry that moves the rider forward on the bike, giving you a more effective pedaling position on climbs and better traction on descents.
Prototype testing (both in a test facility and on the trails) is integral to the design process. Riding a prototype is also super fun! Silverback product designers Schalk Tredoux and Thomas van der Ploeg recently took to the trails to assess the 2019 Slade trail frame.
- FRAME: SB POP Geometry, Hydro-formed 6061 Alloy, Optimised Internal Routing, Threaded BB
- FORK: Rockshox Revelation Charger RC, 140mm, DebonAir, Diffusion Black, Boost 110, Charger Damper, Reduced 42mm Offset
- HEADSET: Token TK035A-15 Sealed Bearing
- RIMS: Stan’s Flow S1, 29mm Internal Width
- HUBS: Front Hub: Promax Sealed Cartridge, 110×15, 6 Bolt, Rear Hub: Promax Sealed Cartridge, 148×12, 6 Bolt
- TYRE: Maxxis Rekon 29×2.6″, EXO/TR, 60Tpi
- STEM: Sector Alloy Stem, 31.8mm, Rise 6°, with stainless steel bolts; L: 45 for size S, L: 45 for size M, L: 45 for size L, L: 45 for size XL
- HANDLEBAR: Sector Alloy Handlebar, Dia:31.8mm, Backsweep:9°, Rise 5mm; W: 780 for size S, W: 780 for size M
W: 780 for size L, W: 780 for size XL,
- SEATPOST: X-Fusion Manic Dropper Post, Internal Routing L: Drop:125 for size S, L: Drop:150 for size M, L: Drop:150 for size L
L: Drop:150 for size XL,
- SADDLE: Sector Ergo, Black Steel Rails
- BRAKES: Shimano MT500 Hydraulic Disc Brakes, Resin Pads, Rotors: Shimano SM-RT26 180mm/160mm, 6 Bolt
- SHIFTERS: Shimano SLX M7000 11 Speed, Black
- FRONT DER: N/A
- REAR DER: Shimano XT M8000 Long Cage, Black
- CASSETTE: Sunrace 11-46 11 Speed, 418% Wide Range
- CRANKSET: Raceface Ride, 30t, Black
- PEDALS: One Piece Alloy Pedal
- CHAIN: KMC X11-1 11 Speed
- SEATCLAMP: Sector Alloy w/Steel Bolt
- GRIPS: Sector Push-on Grip
Our new trail hardtail, the 2019 Slade, is everything you need for all day hooning. Silverback POP Geometry means that it climbs and traverses really well. Point it down it and it positively blows your mind. 29” x 2.6” as stock and 275+ compatible, the new Slade is trail ready from the shop floor. Contact your Silverback representative to get your hands on the Slade.
Source: Silverback Bikes