The brand new Trek Domane+ Flattens Hills and Conquers Headwinds!
- RIDE FASTER, RIDE FARTHER, AND MAKE HILLS SMALLER WITH THIS POWERFUL E-ROAD BIKE.
The 2019 Domane+ is the electric version of Trek’s popular Domane, a bike highly regarded for its ability to smooth out rough roads. It’s designed for riders who appreciate the reliable comfort of the Domane’s endurance geometry and IsoSpeed decoupler but want the additional fun and function of an electric assist. At just under a claimed 38 pounds, the Domane+ is lighter than more utilitarian e-bikes, like the Trek Super Commuter+, which can weigh upward of 50 pounds. That said, it’s heavier than some of the newest entries in the electric road category, like the Orbea Gain, which use a smaller motor and battery system but also don’t have as powerful an assist. The Domane+ offers 350 watts of power, while Orbea’s Gain, for example, tops out at around 250 watts. Domane+ is a drop-bar electric road bike that makes longer, faster road rides possible. A carbon frame with IsoSpeed and a stable endurance geometry, a powerful Bosch drive system for speeds of up to 28 mph and a sleek design with integrated lighting features make Domane+ the ideal ride for cyclists who want speed, all-road performance and endless style.
It’s right for you if…
You want a fast electric road bike that earns top marks in style and performance. You’re looking to explore, hit distance milestones you never thought possible and keep up with faster friends on group rides.
The tech you get
A lightweight 500 Series OCLV Carbon frame that fully encases a 500 Wh battery, a powerful Bosch Performance Speed motor that helps you sustain speeds of up to 28 mph, a Bosch Purion controller, a 1×11 SRAM Force 1 drivetrain, an alloy seatmast cap with integrated rear lighting, hydraulic disc brakes and a kickstand.
Why you’ll love it
- Trek’s Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame and makes it easy to remove the battery without tools
- Go far, fast: Domane+ can sustain speeds of up to 25 km/h and travel over 100 kilometers on a single charge
- Road-smoothing IsoSpeed absorbs fatiguing bumps in the road for a faster, smoother, more comfortable ride
- The seatmast cap has an integrated rear Daytime Running Light, which runs off the Bosch battery
- Domane+ is a bike that brings people together: the powerful Bosch system gives you a boost so you can ride with faster friends
The Tech you get
- Powertube Battery- Bosch’s integrated 500Wh Powertube battery can be charged on and off the bike.
- 350-Watt Motor- A Bosch Performance Line Speed motor offers pedal assist up to 28 mph.- Bosch’s integrated 500Wh Powertube battery can be charged on and off the bike.
- Integrated Lighting- Integrated front and rear lights are powered by the battery—no charge required.
- soSpeed Technology- Trek’s decoupler technology in the seatpost makes rough terrain less likely to cause fatigue.
- 4 Assist Modes- Expect to get about 5o to 60 miles out of the Domane+ when it’s in Eco mode.
The final word
Domane+ opens doors to new road adventures. This e-bike showcases the best in new tech and advanced electric bike design. It’s capable, stable, fast and a whole lot of fun.
Price: R 109,999.00
Available: January 2019