MOMSEN’s much anticipated VIPA Trail, has just launched in South Africa!
Development of the bike, began as early as 2015, when rumours started circulating about a VIPA model being equipped with trail components and geometry. Now it’s finally here! One can only imagine the excitement that hit South African Trail riders!
A full carbon fibre frame awaits the rider, with 120mm rear wheel travel. It doesn’t get any better than this; MOMSEN included their low leverage design on the frame, to give it that racing edge!
The VIPA Trail goes all-out, with both 2x and 1x options, and makes place for a Shimano Di2 drivetrain. Then to neaten everything up, is the internal cable routing; threading all the way down to the Chainstay and dropper post (optional).
To top the frame off, MOMSEN made the VIPA Trail available in 4 frame sizes, S, M, L, XL.
Fork and Rear Shock:
- Standard Build: RockShox Revelation RL, 120mm, 51mm Offset, 15 x 110 Boost Lowers
- Premium Build: RockShox Pike RCT3, 120mm, 51mm Offset, 15 x 110 Boost Lowers
The frame has been designed around a 120mm front shock, with a maximum suggested travel setting of 130mm, just so that you get the same handling characteristics out of the bike as what it was designed for.
For the rear shock, MOMSEN worked with FOX to build a custom tuned shock, that will perform well on climbs, but plush on when carving down-hill. The rear shock is also available in two options:
- Standard Build: Fox Float DPS, Performance Series, Evol SV, 3 Position, Firm Lockout, 190mm Eye to Eye
- Premium Build: Fox Float DPS, Factory Series, Kashima, Evol SV, 3 Position, Firm Lockout, 190mm Eye to Eye
Last but not least; MOMSEN offer rims that are extremely well orientated around trail riding. Two options available:
- Standard Build: ZTR Arch S1 , Neo Hubs, 32H, Boost 110 x 15 Front, Boost 148 x 12 Rear
- Premium Build: ZTR Arch Mk3, Neo Hubs, 32H, Boost 110 x 15 Front, Boost 148 x 12 Rear
- Suggested “Wide Right” Tyre Size: 29 x 2.25 to 2.5 Width
We’re looking forward to seeing these mad coloured MOMSEN VIPA Trails, on the trails of SA, and can’t wait to get our hands on one of them for review!
Source: MOMSEN BIKES