The Yeti SB100 recently launched around the globe. And to quote Yeti directly; “It’s the bike we’ve always to build.” The SB100 mixes features from a standard trail bike, with the refined race qualities of a cross-country bike. That being said, the bike is designed for those that prefer a race ready or marathon orientated mountain bike.
Yeti rethought their already brilliant Switch Infinity suspension technology, to comply with the needs of a 100mm rear travel frame. The frame itself is available in 2 options; Yeti’s unique TURQ Carbon, or standard carbon fibre. Then the entire bike, is designed around a 120mm travel fork. Which means now you can understand why Yeti advertises this bike for trail riders as well.
- High modulus carbon fiber main frame and swing arm.
- Integrated 2-bolt ISCG-05 mounts.
- Tapered integrated headtube (41mm/52mm).
- Custom downtube protector and chain guards.
- Internally molded carbon tubes inside of frame for hassle-free cable routing.
- Integrated axle and derailleur hanger system.
- Boost rear hub spacing.
- Clearance for standard sized water bottle inside mainframe.
- Uninterrupted seattube for compatibility with longer travel seatpost dropper.
Geometry wise, we can see some cross-sountry bike nature arriving on the scene. With a 67.8-degree head-tube you can bet that the SB100 tick the box for manoeuvrability. The Bottom-Bracket rises about 332mm off the ground. So you can tackle anything tricky without the worry of smashing your frame.
The Yeti SB100 model line-up:
SB100 Frame Only w/TURQ Carbon
SB100 SRAM GX Eagle Comp
SB100 SRAM X01 Eagle TURQ
SB100 X01 Race Eagle
SB100 SRAM XX1 Eagle TURQ
TURG Series: 2.49Kg
CARBON Series: 2.70Kg
The Yeti SB100 resembles some great XC and trail character. However, we can’t help but ask the question; How fast is it? And does it have a home on South African soil?
Distributed by: NSQUARED South Africa