You like to go fast. We do, too. That’s why we make an edge when it doesn’t exist—an edge for us, an edge for that guy back there in the photo, and most importantly, an edge for you. And since their inception, our line of S-Works shoes and Evade helmets have been doing just that: Making the things we love the most, well, a little faster.
The New Evade:
Countless tunnel hours. Numerous iterations. One goal: Make the fastest road helmet in the world faster and cooler. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t do it.
Helmets have long been plagued by an unspoken rule: Light weight, ventilation, aerodynamics—pick two, there’s your helmet. As you can tell by now, though, we don’t play by these rules—or really any for that matter. We’d rather turn standards on their head and create products that nobody ever dreamed of. And you needn’t look any further than the new S-Works Evade helmet for proof of this. Straight up, it’s the fastest road helmet out there.
Beginning with the aerodynamic development, we basically lived in our Win Tunnel to create this Evade. Having our own wind tunnel allows us to develop our products with aero at the forefront of the design, rather than merely testing them there. With this, we carefully analysed every aspect of helmet performance in the Win Tunnel, and with real world testing, to ensure that we left no stone unturned in the quest for performance. This makes for a helmet that has countless testing hours and years of development, and ultimately, this adds up to the fastest road helmet we’ve
One goal: Make the fastest road helmet in the world faster and cooler. We wouldn’t be here if we didn’t do it.
We not only took grams out of the drag, but we did it without sacrificing safety. In fact, we switched the construction to favor our Energy Optimised Multi-Density EPS that optimises the foam type in different places. As far as ventilation is concerned, free-flowing air through the helmet not only makes the helmet cooler than ever, but it also decreases aerodynamic drag. Going hand-in-hand with this, ventilation and aerodynamics were both optimised in the Win Tunnel together, making for the best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation out there. Now, the exterior vents and interior channels have been carefully considered to make sure that the helmet draws in the maximum amount of air through the helmet for extreme cooling. And the result? The new Evade is just as cool as a bare head with no helmet, making it the coolest aero helmet on the market today.
Through this work, the Evade saves 50 seconds over 40km versus a traditional road helmet and roughly six seconds over the prior iteration of Evade. This means that it’s not only as cool as a bare head, but also as fast. For road race helmets, there’s nothing that can match this performance.
Last, but most certainly not least, a fast helmet is useless unless it fits correctly. With this in mind, the new S-Works Evade has all the features you’d expect from a top-level helmet, like our Mindset HairPort 2 fit system with microadjustments, our soft webbing that won’t stretch out, and a new Gutter Action brow pad that manages sweat to keep it out of your eyes.
• Through extensive Win Tunnel development, the Evade is the fastest road helmet we’ve tested.
• 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports make it the
best combination of aerodynamics and ventilation.
• Patented Energy Optimised Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy.
• Patented Aramid-Reinforced Skeleton provides internal EPS support to help manage impact energy.
• Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit.
• Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management.
• Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing won’t stretch out with sweat or water.
• Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
• Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security.
The New S-Works 7
What makes the perfect cycling shoe? Is it exceptional power transfer? Superior Comfort? Undeniable style? The simple answer is “yes” to all of the above. With the S-Works 7, you get a shoe with no compromises. We took a no holds barred approach to transferring every bit of your power to the pedals. The lighter and stiffer Powerline™ carbon sole is new and brought to you by the same team that developed Rider-First Engineering. Why’s this special? Because it led to our lightest and stiffest carbon outsole to date. A completely refined Padlock™ Heel, meanwhile, packs in more comfort with the same exceptional heel hold that you found in the previous iteration.
And finally, the space-grade Dyneema™ material used in the upper doesn’t stretch when pulled on, making sure that your foot stays where it’s supposed to. With these all features combined, you can be sure that we’ve kept in line with the motto “every watt is sacred.” In the comfort arena, we kept all of the Body Geometry features you know and love, like the Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and Metatarsal Button. Each one of these features have been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to not only boost power, but also to increase efficiency and reduce the risk of injury. We also took luxury into account by designing the S-Works 7 to have form that complements its function, so you’ll find seams that are bonded together, rather than sewn, cleaning up the lines and contouring to your foot with slipper-like comfort.
just explosive speed and superior comfort.
The custom CNC’d alloy BOA® dials also add some panache, but they also feature durable spring clutchinternals and precise, one-millimeter micro-adjustments that let you perfectly dial in your fit.
The S-Works 7 embodies everything we know about footwear, compacted into one shoe–no compromises, noshortcuts, just explosive speed and superior comfort.
• Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power,
increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimising hip, knee, and foot alignment.
• Our stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline™ carbon plate maximises power transfer: Stiffness Index 15.0.
• Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for
the ultimate connection and comfort.
• Independent alloy BOA® S3-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the BOA® Lifetime
• PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
• Titanium alloy cleat nuts can rotate to position pedal/cleats 5mm rearward.
• Non-slip, replaceable heel tread with internally recessed screws for security.
• Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
• Three-bolt cleat pattern fits all major road pedals.
• Approximate weight: 224g (1/2 pair, Size 42
More Info: Click Here
Source: Specialized Bikes SA