Dubbed as the fastest cycling shoe on dirt.
Finding the perfect high-performance pair of off-road shoes can be tough going, but with the S-Works Recon shoes, Specialized made the choice simple. Exceptional power transfer? Check. Gram-counter approved?Check. Undeniable style? You got it. With the S-Works Recon shoes, you get off-road shoes that ready for any kind of adventure, whether it’s gravel, cyclocross, or XC racing.
• Body Geometry sole and footbed are ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce the chance of injury by optimizing hip, knee, and foot alignment.
• Our stiffest and lightest mixed-terrain FACT carbon plate maximises power transfer: Stiffness Index 13.0.
• Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
• Independent alloy BOA® S3-Snap dials for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the
BOA® Lifetime Guarantee.
• PadLock™ heel construction cradles the heel and is proven to improve acceleration.
• Titanium alloy cleat nut.
• SlipNot™ rubber heel and toe tread for confident traction on all terrain with removable toe studs.
• Form Fit last with a roomy toe box for the ultimate in connectivity and comfort.
• Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals.
• Approximate weight: 270g (1/2 pair, Size 42).
The Recon’s ultralight and ultra-stiff carbon sole gives you maximum power transfer. Rubber heel and toe lugs add traction during those hike-a-bike moments.
These CNC’d alloy BOA®dials not only add panache, they feature spring-clutch internals and one-millimetre micro-adjustments. Durable.Precise. Perfect. Exclusively Specialized.
XC and ‘cross courses are no longer dirt sidewalks, so Specialized added protectionto the front. The Recon’s toe bumper prevents rips, holes, and bruised toes.
The Recon’s Padlock Heel locks your foot into the shoe. Paired with the Dyneema®—uppers, Padlock creates the most comfortable and efficientfit,allowing every bit of power to reach the pedals.
The S-Works Recon conforms to the contours of your foot for slipper-like comfort without any power loss. That’s because it’s madefromDyneema®—an incredibly strong, lightweight and malleable fibre.
Thanks to Specialized’s Body Geometry fit, every inch of the S-Works Recon has been ergonomically designed and scientifically tested to boost power, increase efficiency, and reduce your risk of injury.
Source: Specialized Bicycles